Look out for new legislation
The department of transport has recently published a new report documenting road safety improvement for the UK;
The exert below identifies the key themes for Road Safety:
– Better education and training for Children and learner and inexperienced drivers.
– Making it easier for road users to do the right thing and go with the grain of human behavior
– Remedial Education for those who make mistakes and for low level offences where this is more effective than financial penalties and penalty points.
– Tougher Enforcement for the small minority of motorists who deliberately choose to drive carelessly
– Extending this approach to cover all dangerous and careless offences, not just focusing in speeding
– Taking action based upon cost benefit analysis, including assessing the impact on business.
– More local and community decision making from decentralization and providing local information to citizens to enable them to challenge priorities.
– Supporting and Building capability by working with the road safety community on better tools to support road safety professionals.
For more information regarding this article or enquires about e department of transport please visit – http://www.dft.gov.uk/